The rules of how people operate around the pandemic have shifted abruptly. Much of the US and Europe are opening up and coming out of hibernation. With all these long awaited changes comes a higher degree of certainty in order to act and make decisions.
And massive shifts are happening…
Many business owners I have been speaking with are ready to make key decisions to drive transitions in their personal lives and their businesses.
They are driven by some major epiphanies many people had over the pandemic.
Some of these include:
- My life is short and WILL end.
- Every day I have is a gift.
- My life prior to the pandemic was not as balanced or fulfilled as I believed it was.
- I was spending far too much time on work that did not bring me joy.
- I have enjoyed some of this new space and want to keep it.
- My previous “normal” was keeping me stuck from what’s truly important to me.
- I want to continue spending more time with my family.
Some folks that have been at the helm of their companies for 20-30+ years have accelerated their timelines on when they wish to exit. They are looking to resign from their old chaotic lives and looking to architect a more fulfilling and peaceful future.
The challenge for most in this situation right now is simply not knowing where to begin or becoming too focused on the “how.”
Beginning with the end in mind is key to driving ideal outcomes. This is not a time to get caught up on the HOW, but rather the what.
Some questions to get started:
- What lessons has the Pandemic taught me?
- What did I gain during the pandemic that I want to KEEP?
- What did the pandemic help me to release?
- What are my core values?
- How do I support these values day-to-day and where do I have conflicts?
- How would I define the crossroads I am currently at?
- What fear is holding me back from making a decision?
Though this last year was laced with challenges and heartache for all, and some much more than others, we are now presented with the opportunity to use this as an awakening. A chance to recalibrate and refocus. To architect the rest of our lives with purpose and fulfillment and a legacy of joy for ourselves and our families.
If you would like help getting started, please feel free to reach out.